Friday, February 6, 2009

Secrets of Internet Entrepreneurs Exposed


As you know, I am currently reading Secrets of Internet Entrepreneurs Exposed by Dale Beaumont and Shaun Stenning. The book was given to me at the Smart Online Profits Systems Workshop I attended last weekend, and is part of the Secrets Exposed series by Dale Beaumont. Each book of the series focuses on a different topic and collates the knowledge of a variety of experts into one book.



I have to admit, I haven't finished the book yet, but I already wanted to share some thoughts with you.

Firstly, I am totally blown away by the concept of the Secrets Exposed series. As a writer, and someone whose dream has always been to publish a book, I marvel at this 'outside the box thinking' that allowed Dale to publish 15 books in the last few years!!

You may think "Well, if he published that many books in such a short time, they can't be very good". I disagree. If you have a look at the books, you will see they are very good. What has allowed Dale to publish this many books, is a new and innovative way of creating content.

Instead of writing the whole book himself, he finds a variety of experts on the topic, offers some incentives to be part of the whole series (for example cross-marketing opportunities), and lets them write the content. Their contribution is guided by the questions he provides and, of course, the book is edited as a whole to make it flow nicely.

I haven't read any other books of the series yet, but what I like about Secrets of Internet Entrepreneurs Exposed, is that it includes such a wide range of people who have succeeded on the internet in a variety of ways. Entrepreneurs in the book vary from marketing experts and software creators, to eBay and eBook sellers. Their background varies just as much: from internet geek to initial technophobe.

And this is exactly the point Dale and Shaun are making with the book: No matter who you are, no matter what your knowledge and experience, if you decide to make money on the internet, there is a way that will suit you. This makes the book really encouraging for those of us who are looking for opportunities to take action.

I will share my favourite stories in a few days when I have finished the book.

No comments: