Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Audio Books / CD Sets

I really don’t like fiction audio books, but when a friend lent me a few CD sets from different speakers, I thought I should give it a go.

I always wondered how these sets sell so well and now I totally understand! The difference of listening to fiction or non-fiction is like day and night!

For me, reading fiction is about getting lost in the moment, about imagination and creativity. I can only get to that state if I am the one interpreting the book, if someone else interprets the words, the intonation and the characters I loose the connection to the text.

But reading, or listening to non-fiction is a totally different game! It’s about learning, logical thinking, and applying someone else’s theory to our own lives. And I enjoy listening to this just as much as I enjoy reading it.

And the convenience! I love listening to tapes on the bus or in the car, when I am going for a walk or a run, while I am cooking. Hooray for multitasking!

No comments: